Emmanuelle will customize her manual therapy approach based on your unique needs for each session.
The following gentle, hands-on therapies may be used during a manual therapy session. It is based on the initial and ongoing assessments throughout the session that one therapy will be chosen instead of another.
What is craniosacral therapy and what does it do?
Craniosacral therapy (CST) is a healing modality for the Mind, Body, and Spirit.
It is an effective form of treatment for a wide range of illnesses helping to create the optimal conditions for health, encouraging vitality and facilitating a sense of well-being. It is suitable for people of all ages including babies, children and the elderly, and can be effective in acute or chronic cases.
• Relieves Pain, Chronic Fatigue, Depression
• Brings your body into a deep balancing and wellbeing
• Reduces emotional stress, and releases old patterns and traumas
• Helps with various diseases affecting the nervous, immune or endocrine systems
By complementing the body's natural healing processes, CST is increasingly used as a preventive health measure for its ability to bolster resistance to disease and is effective for a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction, including:
|• Migraine Headaches
• Chronic Neck and Back Pain
• Motor-Coordination Impairments
• Central Nervous System Disorders
• Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injuries
• Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia
• Spinal Cord Injuries
• Learning Disabilities
• Chronic Fatigue
• Emotional Difficulties
• Stress and Tension-Related Problems
• Fibromyalgia and other Connective-Tissue Disorders
• Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
CST is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the functioning of a physiological body system called the craniosacral system - comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord.
Using a soft touch generally no greater than 5 grams, or about the weight of a nickel, practitioners release restrictions in the craniosacral system to improve the functioning of the central nervous system.
©Upledger Institute International has granted permission for the use of the descriptive copy provided for craniosacral therapy. This copy cannot be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means without further permission.